
News
Share
Published 12:57 11 Jun 2025 BST
Updated 15:30 11 Jun 2025 BST
US President Donald Trump and Elon Musk have been involved in a public feud over the past few days.
Before their public fallout, the two seemed inseparable.
Since Trump got elected for his second run as President of the United States, Elon Musk has been by his side and was even appointed as the head of Trump's newest department, The Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE).
DOGE's objective is to tackle 'wasteful spending' over various government departments.
However, the Billionaire's time with the Trump administration came to an end following an argument over government spending.
Although Musk's departure was expected, the aftermath was not.
Nearly a week ago Elon Musk made a sensational claim in a post on X saying that Donald Trump is “in the Epstein files”, completely turning on his former partner in political power.
Musk added in a follow-up tweet: "Mark this post for the future. The truth will come out."
However, The SpaceX CEO has backtracked on his claims, as the tweets have subsequently been deleted.
Today (June 11) it seems Musk is trying to defuse the situation by posting on X: "I regret some of my posts about President @realDonaldTrump last week. They went too far."
I regret some of my posts about President @realDonaldTrump last week. They went too far.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 11, 2025
Since the major claims made by Musk, Trump has spoken to the press in his Oval Office. The President was asked whether after all that's been said their relationship was over.
"I would assume so, yeah," he said to NBC News's Kristen Welker. "I’m too busy doing other things.
“You know, I won an election in a landslide. I gave him [Musk] a lot of breaks, long before this happened, I gave him breaks in my first administration and saved his life in my first administration, I have no intention of speaking to him."
Trump then goes on to add that there would be 'serious consequences' for Musk if he decided to fund any future Democratic campaigns.
However, he didn't disclose what these consequences would entail.
Explore more on these topics:
Flights cancelled as EasyJet ceases all flight from UK airport
Flights from 5 January have been cancelled Easyjet announced ceasing all flights from a major UK airport at the beginning of next year. All flight tickets booked after 5 January have been cancelled as customers are being offered a refund or a free transfer. The famous orange, low-cost airline confirmed that it would cease all […]
News
9h
Lewes train derailment: Investigators reveal track ‘irregularity’
Investigation on last week’s derailment in East Sussex reveal new findings The Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) reported faults in tracks prior to the arrival of the train where the accident took place. The RAIB says that the track ‘geometrical irregularity” could be spotted on CCTV moments before the derailment. The train contained 150 people […]
News
9h
News
News