Comedian Lee Hurst suspended from Twitter for abusive Chris Whitty tweets 2 months ago

Comedian Lee Hurst suspended from Twitter for abusive Chris Whitty tweets

"Whatever has happened to Chris Whitty is not enough."

Lee Hurst has had his Twitter account suspended after posting abusive tweets about Chris Whitty. Hurst made the comments after footage emerged of Professor Whitty being harassed by two men.


After the video of England's Chief Medical Officer being manhandled came out, Whitty received wide-spread support, with Boris Johnson condemning the "despicable harassment" and "intimidation" that Prof Whitty was subjected to.

However, so-called comedian and "proud covidiot" Lee Hurst decided that the attack was "not enough."

On Tuesday, he tweeted to his 18,000 followers: "Whatever has happened to Chris Whitty is not enough."

He followed this up by tweeting: "I'm not putting any caveats into the Chris Whitty story. Fk him and his #FullPay, care home murdering scummy pals."

Hurst then rounded off his tripe-posting attack by saying: "If there was no video footage of Chris Whitty we would have been told he was beaten up."

Many reported Hurst to both Twitter and the police after seeing the tweets, claiming that he was "inciting hatred."


Well, the social media platform clearly agreed, with Hurst's account now suspended from the site.

This is the second time this year that Hurst has had his account suspended. In March, he had his account suspended for a 'joke' he made about Greta Thunberg.

One of those who shared their anger at Hurst's remarks was outspoken ex-rugby player Brian Moore, who accurately labelled Hurst as "ignorant and a coward."


After Hurst's account was suspended, Moore then tweeted: "Oh dear, Lee Hurst's account has been suspended - another victim of consequence culture."

On Tuesday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson condemned the men who harassed Prof Whitty. He said: "I'm shocked at seeing the despicable harassment of Chief Medical Officer Chris Whitty.


"I condemn the behaviour of these thugs. Our hard-working public servants should not have to face this kind of intimidation on our streets and we will not tolerate it."

Police have launched an investigation into the incident in St James Park which took plate at 7.20pm on Sunday.

The Metropolitan Police said the incident has been recorded as "common assault", and that officers took down the details of the two men at the time of the attack.