Boris Johnson sanctioned by Russia as PM is banned from ever entering country
They have also been banned from Russia
Russia has banned Prime Minister Boris Johnson from the country while also sanctioning him and other influential ministers.
According to The BBC, Boris Johnson, Foreign Secretary Liz Truss, and Secretary for Defence Ben Wallace have all been affected. The trio have also been dubbed "hostile" for their stance on Russia's invasion of Ukraine, which began on February 24.
Russia's foreign ministry said: "London's unbridled information and political campaign aimed at isolating Russia internationally, creating conditions for containing our country and strangling the domestic economy" were responsible for its decision
"In essence, the British leadership is deliberately aggravating the situation around Ukraine, pumping the Kyiv regime with lethal weapons and coordinating similar efforts on the part of Nato."
A full list of sanctioned UK officials:
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson
- Foreign Secretary Lizz Truss
- Defence Secretary Ben Wallace
- Deputy Prime Minister, Lord Chancellor, and Secretary of State for Justice Dominic Raab
- Secretary of State for Transport Grant Shapps
- Home Secretary Priti Patel
- The Chancellor Rishi Sunak
- Minister of Entrepreneurship, Energy and Industrial Strategy Kwasi Kwarteng
- Minister of Digitalization, Culture, Media and Sport Nadine Dorries
- Minister for the Armed Forces James Heappey
- First Minister of Scotland Nicola Sturgeon
- Attorney General for England and Wales Suella Braverman
- Conservative MP and former British Prime Minister Theresa May
More to follow...
- Car crash interview with Tory MP shows just how wrong Rwanda asylum flights are
- Macron warns Russian president the 'worst is to come' in Ukraine
- Downton Abbey actor's well-timed jab at Boris Johnson has left everyone in stitches