Here are the 15 funniest jokes from the Edinburgh Festival Fringe
Should make you giggle.
British-based television channel, Dave, has its own coveted award for the best joke of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Dave's Funniest Joke of the Fringe award is now in its 10th year and is decided by public vote and the list has now been revealed.
There are some short but very funny skits in the top 15 which features some well known comics like Frankie Boyle and Ed Byrne.
Frankie Boyle's comparison between Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler is vintage.
Ken Cheng has won this year’s accolade for the funniest joke. Cheng dropped out of Cambridge University before going on to be a professional online poker player. His break in comedy came when he reached the final of the 2015 BBC Radio New Comedy award. He was also listed on the BBC’s New Talent Hotlist.
Dave’s top 15 funniest jokes of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2017 were:
- “I’m not a fan of the new pound coin, but then again, I hate all change.” - Ken Cheng
- “Trump’s nothing like Hitler. There’s no way he could write a book.” - Frankie Boyle
- “I’ve given up asking rhetorical questions. What’s the point?” - Alexei Sayle
- “I’m looking for the girl-next-door type. I’m just gonna keep moving house till I find her.”- Lew Fitz
- “I like to imagine the guy who invented the umbrella was going to call it the ‘brella’. But he hesitated.” - Andy Field
- “Combine Harvesters. And you’ll have a really big restaurant.” - Mark Simmons
- “I’m rubbish with names. It’s not my fault, it’s a condition. There’s a name for it …” - Jimeoin
- “I have two boys, five and six. We’re no good at naming things in our house.” - Ed Byrne
- “I wasn’t particularly close to my dad before he died ... which was lucky, because he trod on a landmine.” - Olaf Falafel
- “Whenever someone says, ‘I don’t believe in coincidences’, I say, ‘Oh my God, me neither!’” - Alasdair Beckett-King
- “A friend tricked me into going to Wimbledon by telling me it was a men’s singles event.” - Angela Barnes
- “As a vegan, I think people who sell meat are disgusting, but apparently people who sell fruit and veg are grocer.” - Adele Cliff
- “For me, dying is a lot like going camping. I don’t want to do it.” - Phil Wang
- “I wonder how many chameleons snuck on to the Ark.” - Adam Hess
- “I went to a Pretenders gig. It was a tribute act.” - Tim Vine
Here's Ken Cheng reiterating his winning joke below...
— Dave (@davechannel) August 22, 2017