This dream job pays £20,000 a year to drink Gin and Tonic
This is one of those job openings that forces you to think, "I really took the wrong career turn in life".
A position has become available for a "gintern" to discover and sample different gins and mixers.
The opportunity comes from ILoveGin, a monthly club for lovers of a G&T.
The company runs a gin and tonic subscription box that they send to subscribers once a month. Each box has two craft gins and two tonics or mixers to sample.
The job of the "gintern" is to "be responsible for trying out new gins, giving us feedback on pairings, discovering new brands to work with, contributing to our blog, sharing the gin love on our social platforms and travelling around the country [the UK] and a trip or two into other countries in the name of ginspiration and exploration!"
Now here's the small print. You have to be over 18 years of age, be resident in the UK, and have a driving licence.
- The internship will run for 6 months, after which we may offer you a full time position
- This is not a full time position, you will be required to work approx 2 days per week
- Typically you’ll be visiting 1-2 new gin companies each week
- The rest of the time you’ll be able to work remotely from home (a coffee shop or wherever you wish)
- You’ll be required to come to our West London office at least once a month (typically twice a month)
- Competitive pay (up to £20,000 per annum)
Anyway, if you fit the bill, you can apply here.