18 fucking awful things about working in customer service
1. When people argue themselves to death over the smallest amount of money
2. When customers demand to speak to the manager, even though you know they’ll say exactly what you said
Image: Giphy Studios Originals
3. Of course there’s always the time your manager sides with the customer and makes you look a total dick
4. When you have to pretend really, really hard that you give even the slightest of fucks
Image: Brett Elredge
5. When the nightmare regular walks through the door and your heart immediately sinks
One of our regulars just leaned and whispered "I miss you" in my ear. pic.twitter.com/1CYZKoHq9d
— af. (@ashleyfarol) November 8, 2016
6. When you're being blamed for something that is 100% outside of your control
7. When customers insist that you stock an item that has never been in stock in the history of the company
"Sorry we've never stocked that"
"I bought it here last week though so you did have it"
No you didnt. I know what we stock. #retailproblems
— Retail Problems (@myretailproblem) June 24, 2015
8. When you're stuck on the phone with a problem customer and your lunch break starts in five minutes
9. When a customer gives the vaguest, least-helpful description of something and gets angry when you don't know what they mean
10. When you just finished arranging the display and some dickhead immediately ruins it
11. When you explain something very clearly, in plain English, for the 100th time, and they still don't understand
12. Christmas. Christmas is generally just a bad time in customer service
— Cee (@obiwanceenobi) December 18, 2014
13. When you bend your back, bust your ass and bend over backwards for a customer and you don't even get a thank you
14. When you finally get some time to start on the 100+ other things you have to do and you hear, "Excuse me..."
15. When a customer uses your name in a way-too-familiar way over and over
16. When you remember that 'the customer is always right' is a thing that people actually believe
17. When a customer arrives one minute before closing and spends the next 30 minutes making you late
What i feel like doing to a customer when they come in 2 minutes before closing pic.twitter.com/NlGTupblsd
— Ugly Dude (@Yes_Dee_Yes) November 5, 2016
18. When you're treated like subhuman scum for next to no money over ridiculously long days
It's a living!