Reminder: This is what Britain was like in 2006
1. There was no such thing as an iPhone yet, so people were still taking selfies like this.
No filter. Or front-facing camera. Or Instagram to upload it to.
2. And until September, you couldn't even get on Facebook unless you were a student, which left us rearranging our Myspace top 8s and "sharing the luv" on Bebo.
The best thing about Bebo was the little multimedia box where you could put a music video you loved or even embed a flash game.
3. You could still buy amazing snacks and treats like Mars Delight, Cadburys Dream bars and vanilla flavour Monster Munch. RIP.
Image: fiestaturbo.com / untabs.com / voolas.com
Citrus Polos, Taz Bars, 3D Doritos... So many great snacks we'll never get to taste again.
4. Daniel Craig starred in Casino Royale, his first ever Bond film, and probably still his best.
Image: Eon Productions
It's weird to think he's been Bond for 10 years.
5. It was also the year that Borat came out, meaning school kids across the country said "is nice" and "yakshemash" roughly 300 times a day.
Image: Four By Two Films
"My wife is dead? HIGH FIVE!"
6. This is what David Beckham looked like in 2006.
Image: Pascal Le Segretain / Getty
Thing is, we all wanted to look like him...
7. And this is how our biggest boybands dressed.
Image: Gareth Cattermole / Getty
The short-sleeved shirt, clashing tie and checked Vans look – classic.
8. It was the year people starting making rockets out of Mentos and Diet Coke bottles.
It wouldn't work with regular Coke though.
9. Everyone was still buying Crazy Frog ringtones.
Do do dododo doo doo, do do dododo doo doo, do do doo dodododo doo doo, ding ding...
10. "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley dominated the charts for pretty much the whole of spring.
And yet you've probably barely heard it again since.
11. Arctic Monkeys released their first album "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not", at the beginning of the year.
Image: Stuart Wilson / Getty
If Alex Turner can go from looking like this to becoming a sex symbol who exclusively dates models then there's hope for all of us.
12. And in slightly less talent-packed music news, it was also the year Chico released "Chico Time"...
"HEY, WHAT TIME IS IT?"
13. Richard Hammond had his horror crash while filming in a jet-powered car on Top Gear, and somehow made a miracle full recovery.
Image: Christopher Furlong / Getty
We all remember fearing the worst.
14. Crocs first became popular in 2006, ruining the world for the rest of eternity.
This person deserves every last bit of their shitty tan line.
15. The BBC announced that they were scrapping Grandstand after more than 50 years. You can probably still remember the theme tune.
Duh duhduh duhhh dadada DAH DAH!
16. Thierry Henry scored a hat-trick as Arsenal beat Wigan 4-2 in the last ever game at Highbury.
Image: Shaun Botterill / Getty
Some say that on match days you can still hear as much noise coming from the site of the old stadium as you can from the Emirates.
17. The Nintendo Wii was the big new games console on the market, and had graphics like this.
We've come a long way...
18. There was nothing wrong with using obscene amounts of hair gel back then.
This look was finally killed off for good by Simon from The Inbetweeners.
19. And three-quarter length shorts, for some reason we were fine with those too.
Perfect for catching those rays on your upper ankles.
20. At the start of the year, everyone was really invested in a seven-tonne whale that got stuck in the Thames.
Image: Wikimedia Commons
But there wasn't a happy ending :(
21. And England got knocked out in the quarter-finals of the World Cup on penalties by Portugal, proving some things never change.
Who can ever forget that Ronaldo wink?
Catch up with the latest episode of Football Friday Live