15 of the most ridiculous things ever to be written on a CV
Most employers are well aware of the fact that applicants are bound to embellish their CVs a little when applying for a job.
Embellishment is one thing, blatant lying is another and you should get a kick out some of the most ridiculous things ever found on a CV.
Some of these items uncovered by a Careerbuilder.com survey were (terrible) mistakes, while some of the claims from job applicants were so ridiculous it’s clear they graduated from the Step Brothers school of job interviews.
- Applicant claimed to be a former CEO of the company to which they were applying.
- Applicant claimed to be fluent in two languages - one of which was pig Latin.
- Applicant wrote "whorehouse" instead of "warehouse" when listing work history.
- Applicant's personal website linked to a porn site.
- Applicant introduced himself [in the cover letter] by saying "Hey you."
- Applicant vying for a customer service position gave "didn't like dealing with angry customers" as the reason for leaving her last job.
- User name of applicant's email address was "2poopy4mypants."
- Applicant claimed to be a Nobel Prize winner.
- Applicant claimed to have worked in a jail when they were really in there serving time.
- Applicant who claimed to be HVAC certified later asked the hiring manager what "HVAC" meant.
- Applicant said to have gotten fired "on accident."
- Applicant claimed to have attended a college that didn't exist.
- Applicant for a driver position claimed to have 10 years of experience but had only had a driver's license for four years.
- Applicant listed as a reference an employer from whom they had embezzled money and had an arrest warrant out for the applicant.
- Applicant's stated job history had him in three different companies and three different cities simultaneously.
At least none of them applied using their fantasy football team.