New Black Panther film officially titled Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
We also know now when we will be seeing the third installments of the Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy films.
Marvel has unveiled footage from their upcoming blockbuster Eternals for the first time, while also revealing the new full titles for the Black Panther and Captain Marvel sequels.
In a video highlighting the upcoming entries in the MCU's Phase Four, audiences get their first glimpses of Eternals (directed by recent Oscar-winner Chloe Zhao) and its characters played by Gemma Chan, Kumail Nanjiani, Richard Madden, Salma Hayek and a sword-wielding Angelina Jolie.
Telling the story of an immortal alien race that has secretly lived on Earth for over 7,000 years as they face a dangerous threat, Eternals will be released on 5 November, 2021.
Also in the Phase Four trailer, it is revealed that Black Panther 2 will be titled Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and that Captain Marvel 2 will be titled The Marvels.
Other new information contained in the reel is the release dates for Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, which will be released 17 February, 2023, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, which will be out 5 May, 2023.
With this new information, these are the titles and dates for all the upcoming MCU films:
- Black Widow - 9 July, 2021
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - 3 September, 2021
- Eternals - 5 November, 2021
- Spider-Man: No Way Home - 17 December, 2021
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - 25 March, 2022
- Thor: Love and Thunder - 6 May, 2022
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - 8 July, 2022
- The Marvels - 11 November, 2022
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania - 17 Feb, 2023
- Guardians of the Galaxy: 5 May, 2023
Watch the Phase Four preview below.
Clip via Marvel Entertainment