Bill Murray ‘accused of inappropriate behaviour’ as production on Being Mortal film suspended 2 months ago

Bill Murray ‘accused of inappropriate behaviour’ as production on Being Mortal film suspended

Production on the film has been halted amid the claims against the 71-year-old

Hollywood veteran and comedy icon Bill Murray has been accused of "inappropriate behaviour" on the set of his latest film, Being Mortal, resulting in production being suspended.

Advertisement

Searchlight Pictures put a halt on the project this Monday after a formal complaint against Murray, 71, last week. The film also stars comedians Seth Rogen and Aziz Ansari, both of which are not thought to have been included in the complaint.

The studio has said it will not comment on ongoing cases, according to Deadline, and it is unknown what Murray's involvement in the movie will be moving forward as the investigation is carried out.

Being Mortal is due for release in 2023 and is Ansari's directorial debut alongside his partner Youree Henley; it is unclear whether putting a hold on production has now derailed the release schedule.

Advertisement

Whilst he and co-star Rogen are not currently said to be implicated in the complaint, Ansari himself previously faced sexual misconduct allegations of his own back in 2018, which he has consistently denied and even discussed in his stand-up comedy.

The film in question is based on Atul Gawande’s 2014 nonfiction book of the same name, Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End, which looks at the limitations and failures of modern medicine at the end of a person’s life.

It is still unclear as to what roles the trio play and whether the movie will go ahead as planned, nor are any of them yet to issue a statement addressing the allegations.

Related links:

Advertisement